BRS Diabetic CKD Slide library
The following slide sets are taken from the freely availale educational resources section of the BRS website. They are a great resource for anyone thinking of talking to primary care physicians about the management of patients with diabetes related CKD
Section A: Introduction and overview of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in people with diabetes
Section B: Long-term impact of diabetes and the importance of optimal management
Section C: Pathophysiology of diabetic nephropathy & risk factors for the development of CKD
Section D: Appropriate monitoring for complications of diabetes in primary care – with a focus on CKD as one of these complications
Section E: Prevention of diabetic kidney disease
Section F: Optimal management of diabetic kidney disease: hypertension and glycaemia
Section G: How to involve people with diabetes and CKD in their own care – what information must they have to manage their own condition effectively?
Section H: What does the future hold for a person with well-managed diabetes and CKD?
Section I: What do the guidelines say and how will they affect day-to-day management of CKD in people with diabetes?
Section J: Sources of further information and reading list
The following are the slides of a number of powerpoint presentations on a variety of aspects of renal medicine hosted with permission of the presenters
- Acute Pyelonephritis (Andrew Stein, May 2013)
- AKI (Paul Stevens, Feb 2013)
- Assessment and Management of IgA Nephropathy (John Feehally, April 2013)
- Assessment of a Patient with Renal Disease (Andrew Stein, June 2015)
- CKD Primary:Secondary Care Interface (Dan Ford, July 2013)
- Future of Haemodialysis in UK (Cormac Breen, May 2013)
- Global Nephrology (John Feehally, March 2013)
- History of Renal Transplantation (Chris Rudge, April 2013)
- How to improve outcomes in Chronic Kidney Disease. (Paul Cockwell August 2013)
- RTA and Rare Tubular Disorders (Fiona Karet, Feb 2013)
- Thrombotic Microangiopathy (Weng Oh, August 2015)